Hello friends!
I have an exciting announcement to make.
:-)
I get to spend another one of my summers serving the Lord!
What to know where I am going??
Here are some clues!
Do you know what place this is?
Welcome to New Orleans, Louisiana!
I had mentioned this before in an earlier post, but I'm going to tell it again.
:-)
Last summer when I was determining where God wanted me to serve, I thought about different programs and different places.
Well, I ended up getting a great internship in Mobile, AL where I worked with inner-city youth.
That internship was great and definitely a step out of my comfort zone.
It put a new desire in my heart to work with inner-city youth and those affected by the harms of poverty.
So, fast forward to deciding about this summer.
It was January 1st, 2011.
I decided to fill out an application to be a summer missionary with the North American Mission Board, or NAMB.
Now, last summer I had started an application with NAMB, but did not complete it.
However, this summer, I really felt like the Lord was laying it on my heart to once again begin the application process and this time, stick to it.
It took me awhile to fill out the application.
There are a lot of aspects and questions to it. I wanted to go through it prayerfully and honestly.
I finally finished the application about a month ago maybe.
A couple of weeks ago, I got an e-mail saying that I had been accepted as a summer missionary!
Next, I had to wait for my next e-mail that would tell me my placement.
During the application process, you go through the Summer Needs list and choose three programs or cities that you would like the chance to work at.
The three places that I chose were in Louisiana and two in Arizona.
As you guys know, I have a connection with Arizona.
Lately, I have felt this connection to Louisiana. Many places that I would go, New Orleans would get brought up, just randomly.
Well, I was out eating lunch with my friends last Thursday and one of the BCM ministers had texted me asking if I had heard about my placement for the summer.
I told her that I hadn't and then she informed me that I would be going to
New Orleans, Louisiana!
I was very, very excited!
And yesterday I received the official e-mail!
The next steps are to finalize travel plans and go to orientation.
But, I am ready to get this summer started!
I feel like the Lord is going to have something great in store and I am more than ready to see what that may be!
Look for a post coming soon about the program that I will be working with as I serve in New Orleans, Louisiana!
:-)








That's so awesome! I know that God is going to use you and grow you in many ways this summer.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Rebecca! I am very excited!
ReplyDelete:-)
Yay! Congratulations!!!! I can't wait to read about it!
ReplyDelete