Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Arizona 2009

This is also written on my Facebook.

___________________________________________________________________

Hey everybody! I just wanted to ask for your prayers as I leave for Arizona again today. This is my third year out there, and I am excited to see the people again! A lot of ya'll have heard me talk about AZ at least once...or twice haha. But it has a special place in my heart, the place and the people. God is doing incredible things out there for His glory, and I am so blessed to even be a part of that. I am leaving today, Wednesday, but will not actually get onto the Reservation until Saturday. Thursday I fly out to the Grand Canyon, and will be there until Friday, then on Saturday drive down to the Reservation. We fly back to B'Ham on the 27th. Please pray for the safe travel of me and the rest of the group I will be with. There are 8 more that will be along with me. Pray that we will all be safe. Also, please pray for the rest of the groups that are out there, and will be there the rest of the month.

We will be in Sells, Arizona on the Tohono O' Odham Reservation. The people are called the Papago's, and we will be staying and working with First Papago Baptist Church. During the week, we will do VBS in different villages around Sells. For the past two years, I have gone to Choulic, however this year, my group will be going to San Miguel. At night, we will hold Revival at the church. Pray for all the children that we will encounter and for the people that will come to Revival. Pray that their hearts will be open and receptive to God's Word and Will. Pray that He will speak through us, as we live among these people for a week. This reservation is one of the largest Indian reservations and definitely one of the poorest, living in poverty. Please just pray for these people and what God is doing, and please pray for us as we work with them, and travel.

I won't be able to update throughout the week, so I will just have to tell you all about it when I get back! But, I love this trip, and this is one place that I love dearly. I love the people and the children. I love mostly that God allows me to go out there and work for His glory.

Thank you! I love you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment