Hey everyone!
So, I'm going to start working on a new post, but I don't know how long it is going to take to get it finished with school and everything now going on.
But, here is a tiny sneak peek at what it is going to be about.
Displacement -- "to move something from its natural environment"
I want to follow Jesus into displacement. But, to actually change something, we have to be willing to sacrifice wholly. Which requires action.
"Christ knew that unless He fully embraced humanity and displacement, redemption was impossible.
Displacement is action. It is choosing to do more than talk, learn, or lecture about change. It is the literal removal of yourself from your natural environment and actually becoming that which you are seeking to redeem."
-- Adam Thompson, Red Revolution
I went to a conference once and we got goody bags with different stuff in it. Well, everyone also got a bible study book. The one that I received was Red Revolution by Adam Thompson.
The book sat on my shelf for a long time. I never picked it up. (How familiar is that?)
But, I recently opened it and have begun to do the study...and it is changing my life and changing how I see things. The subtitle on the cover of the book says, "Seeing the world through the Lens of Christ."
That is all that I want to do!
But, it is hard.
But, it is hard.
Very, hard.
So, as I go through this book there will probably be some posts about it. Posts about how I am going to change things about myself and grow more into the servant that Christ wants me to be.
So, stay tuned! It's going to be a great ride!!
Because,
following Christ is the greatest adventure there is!
:-)

No comments:
Post a Comment