Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011: The Year in Review

January 
The Lord started teaching me about prayer and patience. He then led me on the start of a journey that would change my whole summer and I applied with the North American Mission Board (NAMB). 

February
I got to have a snowy winter! It wasn't a white Christmas, but I was glad to see snow at least for a little while. 


March
I spent my Spring Break on a road trip to Texas to celebrate my cousin's wedding! 



April
This was definitely the most life-changing month of this past year. 

First, I found out that I would be spending my summer serving with NAMB in New Orleans, Louisiana! 


Then, the southeast was torn apart by deadly tornadoes, including my college-town of 
Tuscaloosa, Alabama.


May
I moved to New Orleans, Louisiana for the summer! 



June
My job as a counselor at Camp NOLA Kidz got into full swing 
and I fell in love with more amazing children! 




July
I celebrated the 4th of July in NOLA with amazing, new friends! 



The kids in NOLA continued to be amazing! 



August
My job in New Orleans ended and I moved back to Tuscaloosa into my new apartment! 


September 
My super-senior year got underway and I went on my last Fall Retreat with my College Ministry.


And my last Alabama Football season started.



October
I went to a Pumpkin Patch for the first time with some friends! 



November 
I got to see one of my favorite bands, NEEDTOBREATHE, in concert! 



I also went to my last Barn Dance with the BCM and my college ministry.



December 
I had a tacky, Christmas party with my college ministry.



I was reunited with my bestest, best friend after 8 months of not seeing each other!
 I started my Christmas Break by picking her up from the airport and spending a couple days with her, she also took Senior Pictures for me. It was the best Christmas present ever getting to see her!



Lastly, had a great Christmas with my family and celebrated another birthday!





Happy New Year! 



1 comment: