Monday, January 2, 2012

Learning to Trust

I was reading in the first couple of chapters of Luke the other day, which talk about Elizabeth and Mary both being told that they would become with child.
First, the angel Gabriel appeared to Zechariah, telling him that his wife would be pregnant with John the Baptist. Then, the same angel appeared to Mary and Joseph, telling them that they would be pregnant with the Savior of the world, Jesus. 
While Mary was pregnant, she went to visit Elizabeth for about three months. She stayed with her and then returned to her home. Shortly after, Elizabeth gave birth. 

I thought about how the Lord allowed Elizabeth and Mary to be pregnant around the same time. Although they were months apart, they were experiencing the same thing in that period of their life. He allowed them to be friends and be near each other to be encouragement for one another. 

I think it is the same way in our lives sometimes. We may be going through this season in our life, where sometimes we can feel all alone. Then, God in His infinite love and wisdom for us, sends us someone that can be an encouragement to us. He sends us someone who may be in that same season of their life, that can give us advice and encouragement, listen to us talk, and be there when we shed some tears. 

I am so thankful for my best friend. We have only known each other for a little over 2 years, this August will be 3 years. But, together we have already been through so much together. I am so blessed to have her in my life and thankful for the encouragement that she gives me. Sadly, we no longer live near each other, but thanks to Skype, we are able to still see each other's faces. 

Last night was one of those nights where I needed some encouragement, advice, someone just to sit there as I cried. I love how she can tell when something is wrong, even when I say that it is all okay. 
She knows me too well. 

Truth is, in 5 months I will be graduating college and I have no idea where I am going right now. 
Absolutely no idea. 
And I have not been trusting God with it all.

It is hard to give everything to Him, because we are human and want so much to have some control of our lives. But, if I claim to put my faith in Him, to allow Him to be my Savior, I have to give it all. 

He already knows what the future holds. 
That should be enough. 

I have to trust Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment