Thursday, May 19, 2011

Camp NOLA Kidz -- New Orleans, Louisiana

Hey Everyone! 

Before I had posted about my job this summer as a missionary with the North American Mission Board.
Well, I wanted to let you guys know a little more about that 
and 
about some of the things I'm going to be doing this summer! 

I will be working in New Orleans and partnered with the New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary. 
I will be living and working on campus all summer 
at
a kids camp that they have called Camp NOLA Kidz. 

It is a summer day camp for kids that have completed Kindergarten through the 8th grade. 
It is very similar to the internship that I had in Mobile last summer, right down to what we are going to be studying and teaching the kids! 

This summer the camp theme is Heroes of the Bible! 
We are going to be focusing on different heroes from the Old Testament and then the last couple of weeks will be about Jesus. 

The kids are divided into age groups and then two camp counselors will be assigned to a group for the entire summer. So, we will be able to stay with the same group of kids. I'm very excited about this because we will be able to really connect with the kids and develop relationships with them.

Throughout the summer we will have Bible story lessons, arts and crafts, recreation, swimming, music, and more activities! 

It is a day camp, so we work from 8 to 5:30 every day.
We do have nights and weekends off, so I will be able to enjoy New Orleans as well! 

New Orleans is a great city, with so much history and not to mention great food! 
:-) 

I love being down there.
The past couple of times that I have visited New Orleans, I have somewhat been feeling God preparing my heart to move there.
For seminary or for something else. 
Although I feel like that decision is far off, this summer is no doubt going to be another time of listening to God to see if He does want me down there. 

Please remember me as I am soon going to start my summer down there. 
I would love for you guys to be in prayer for me, the kids that are going to come to camp, the other workers that we will be able to get along and work together, and for the city of New Orleans. That the gospel will continue to have an impact on the people of the city. 

I have created a Facebook page that people can "like" and I hope to update it throughout the summer with posts and pictures. 
I hope to be able to do that on my blog as well.
You can get to the page on Facebook if you click the badge on the top, left side of my blog! 

So, please be in prayer and please continue to check back here for
updates, pictures, and posts. 

:-) 

2 comments:

  1. That sounds great! I did an internship for 2 summers in San Francisco (through the Christian Missionary Alliance Church), and it sounds similar to what you will be doing. That was ten years ago and I still have relationships with many of the kids to this day (most of them are adults and are having their own kids now :) It was wild and crazy, but God taught me so much! I will definitely be praying for you and looking forward to all your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for you! I can't wait to read about how God is working through you this summer! I liked your page on facebook, you should add me! Praying, praying, praying!

    ReplyDelete