Wordless Wednesday
(Usually, I just post a picture without a caption, but I feel as though this one deserves a story.)
Now, before you go thinking that I'm actually reading all of these and trying to come off as "better than others", many of these never come off of the shelf.
They rarely get picked up unless I need a reference or just want to hold them.
They rarely get picked up unless I need a reference or just want to hold them.
This is just one shelf on our wall to floor bookshelf we have in my living room.
But, to me, it is the most special shelf.
Most of these Bibles and reference books were my Pop's.
Pop was my Dad's dad and a preacher.
We got these after he passed away.
I absolutely love them.
Most of them still contain sermon notes that my Pop typed out himself on an old-fashioned typewriter.
He has notes in the front, the back, and in-between.
They are getting fragile with age, but are still here.
Maybe one day they will be in my house.
A little piece of Pop in our living room.
Because, if there is anything that I would grab in a fire, it would be the entire contents of this shelf.
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God will stand forever."
Isaiah 40:8

i love it!!! so special to have!
ReplyDeleteMy grandpa and grandma on my dad's side both passed away within the last year, and their Bibles are the most precious things of theirs that I kept. I love looking at their notes and the scriptures they have highlighted, they are just so personal. Not to mention that every time I walked into their house my grandpa was sitting on his chair with his Bible in his lap (sometimes reading, sometimes sleeping ;) Anyways, I understand why those books are so special and wonderful. And what a great reminder of God's faithfulness through generations in your family.
ReplyDelete