I shared with ya'll that my roommate (and best friend!) went to Alaska on a mission trip over our Spring Break (which is coming to a close). Well, I wanted to give one final update that the team made it back safely and in good spirits. Maybe just a little tired. :-) I talked to my roommate and she is feeling a lot better after her sickness, thankfully it didn't last that long.
There is one more thing to pray for... all things went well arriving back in Birmingham safely, however, the team's luggage is all still in Houston! They got it all worked out and should have their luggage back at their homes by 10 PM tonight!
There are only 2 full days of Spring Break left....and I have been quite the bum let me tell you. I have done almost, well really nothing at all. Especially since being back at home from the beach. I haven't studied AT ALL and I have a test next week. :-/ I haven't really read any of my books that I have recently bought (check out the 'What I'm Reading' over there --> )
I have a canvas that I brought home to hopefully finish, and haven't done anything on it. I want it done before I go back to school though, that way I won't keep looking at it wanting it done! In the background I'm going write the different names of God. I'm going to use a black paint pen. Hopefully it works well. If I finish it I will post another picture.
I have looked at a few options for this summer. I haven't talked much about it, but I want to find something for the whole summer to do this year. I'm not really feeling working, although that is probably what I should do. I want to do something through the North American Mission Board (NAMB) and have been going through their 114 page list of places and things to do for college students. I'm praying my way through it and hope to e-mail some people about summer spots. I love using my summer's for God, even if only part of the summer. For the past 3 years I have gone to Arizona working on the Indian Reservation. I'm sad that I may not get there this summer, but I know that God has something great in store, and I can't wait to see what it is. I love kids and children and lately I have been wanting to do something with inner-city or lower income families and kids. I have found many options, just need some more info before choosing which one to do and go serve at. Speaking of serving, my roommates and I have this thing of writing on ourselves haha What's on me right now?
"Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men..."
Happy Friday and God Bless!
:-)

No comments:
Post a Comment