Early Friday morning, around 2:45 A.M. I slept through the phone call from my roommate saying they had made it safely in Anchorage. I was so disappointed that I missed it, but I was tired and out like a light!
Then, later Friday afternoon, I missed another call from my roommate! Why can't I hear my phone!!??! (I now have it by my side even more than ever and turned up loud!) But, this phone call was about other exciting news! My roommate had applied for a summer position at Lake Forest Ranch in Macon, Mississippi as a photographer for them. She was soon to board her last plane to Nome, when she got the phone call saying she had been accepted for the job! Talk about an overwhelming moment. I listened to the voice mail, stopped immediately in my tracks, and started crying tears of praise and joy! I am so excited for her and all that God is putting in her life. This trip and this summer are going to be incredible times of growth and memories for her and that excites me majorly! I wish I could have been there to give her a huge hug, I wish I had answered my phone!!
Then, last night around 8:30 P.M., I got another phone call and this time I heard it. It was from Alaska! My roommate called me again. They had landed safely in Nome and were soon to eat dinner. They are there safe and already loving every minute of it. My friends have already walked out and gone sliding on the Bering Sea. How amazing is that!
Keep praying for them as they start their work now. I'm thinking about them a lot and told her that they have many prayers coming their way. Every time I look to see what time it is here, I count back 3 hours to see what time it is Nome. :-)
Thanks for the prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment