Saturday, July 7, 2012

Lazy Saturday Post Full of Randomness

When I tell you that today has literally been one of the laziest Saturdays, it really has been. 
I haven't left my apartment, not even my bed for that matter.
I do have my window blinds open though, that counts for something right??
And, although I have plenty of food here to eat, I might leave to go get something later. Through a drive-thru of course. 

This is what summer is all about right?? Well, it is when all your friends have left town and you don't feel like driving 2 hours to go home. 

I did find a new blog today, which I love! She has been getting a lot of traffic after her post called, "50 Shades of Magic Mike (In Which I Am VERY UNCOOL)." Check it out here
In addition to her taking a stand and speaking out against 50 Shades and Magic Mike, I love the rest of her blog.
Check her out.

:-) 

I have also spent hours watching YouTube music videos, watching clips of Ellen interviews, and surfing Netflix for something to watch. 
Not to mention the scrolling of Twitter and Facebook. 
Social media definitely wins today...


My 4th of July was great! Another great day spent with friends that will go in the memory box. July 4th is definitely one of my favorite holidays.
Last 4th I was in NOLA, watching fireworks on the river.

This year, I started the day by watching an old dorm on UA's campus get imploded! Something that I have always wanted to see in person. Check that off the list!
Here are some pics!



Then, that evening some friends and I went to Birmingham to eat and watch the firework show, Thunder on the Mountain. I went two years ago and really enjoyed it. Although, this year we had a great view on top of a parking deck. 







Last weekend I was able to take a mini vacation with one of my friends. We both worked camp last summer in NOLA, so we thought it would be fun to go back for a weekend. It was a great break that I needed and it was sooo great to see friends again.










Also, if you have noticed, most of these pictures are from my phone and have been Instagram-ed! 
Yes, I am now the happy owner of an iPhone!

I recently upgraded and am happy that I did. I am really enjoying it. It was definitely a good switch and glad I could do it before my big move. Which, I know I haven't said anything more about it. Details about it are coming soon! Promise! I'm just waiting for things to be officially official before I do a whole post on it. 

Other than going to watch new movies (Snow White and the Huntsman, The Lucky One, Brave -- all wonderfully good movies!), Red Boxing movies with friends, having sleep overs with friends, joining a new Bible Study, hammocking with friends, and working, this is what summer has entailed for me so far. 

Now, for some things that I want to start again or do for the first time this summer: 

1. Get a haircut. 
My hair is long, but I still want to grow it out some more. Thing is, it has reached its point of length where it isn't growing. So, I need to go get a trim to help it along its merry way. Also, I want more shape or something, so I might ask for some layers. My hair is long and super thick, so sometimes I feel like there isn't anything I can do with it. 

2. Get back in my exercise and eating regime. 
I have written a couple of posts on this. Well, I have reached I think week 2 of not doing either of these things. So, it is time to get back on the track (literally). 

3. Read the books that I have bought. 
I seriously have a problem when it comes to buying books. Especially when I see a good deal. So, I'm making it a goal to actually read these books this summer. I love reading and I know that once I start, it will be hard to stop. Also, now that I don't have to read boring textbooks, I can read what I want, for fun! 

4. Renew and refresh my Quiet Times. 
This summer, along with a couple of friends, I joined a new Bible Study at my church. It is led by my college minister's wife, who I love hanging out with. What I really love about this bible study is that it is ladies of the church of all different ages. Women that have already been where I have been. I'm excited to learn from them and listen to their words of wisdom. 
However, my own quiet time has been essentially non-existent so far this summer. For different reasons, but the main one being my lack of commitment and intent. In that there hasn't been either...

No comments:

Post a Comment