I am a big fan of writing notes in my Bible, like notes from sermons, speakers, conferences.
I also like to underline, circle, and highlight.
I also like to underline, circle, and highlight.
I have some old Bibles I used to use that are very colorful.
The Bible is God's loveletter to us.
It holds words of encouragement and solutions to problems.
It comforts, teaches, rebukes, and guides us.
I don't understand much of it, but it is one of my connections to a Loving God
who wants me to know Him more.
The other night, I was looking through a Bible that I used to use.
I was looking at the different things I had written in the margins and what I had underlined,
when I came across something that I truly needed to see and be reminded of.
Trust and worry can't exist together.
I don't know where I heard it or when I wrote it down,
but it was something that I needed to be reminded of again.
If I trust the Lord with all my heart, with everything. There is no need, no room, for worry.
He had everything under His control.
I can't trust or believe that He has it all under control and worry at the same time.
Worry, shows a hole in my trust.
They can't exist together.
This doesn't mean I can't care about issues or think about my future.
But, my trust is completely in the Lord.
If I want to believe that myself
and live it out
I need to actually start trusting in the God who holds me in His hands.
All worry should disappear when I recognize the fact that
the Creator of the Universe, the Creator of man,
knows my future, He knows my hours, He knows my thoughts, He knows my dreams, He knows my hopes, He knows when I sit or stand, He knows what I really think about someone, He knows what I'm scared of, He knows my secrets, He knows my sins.
He knows.
He understands.
My trust in God should be greater than any worry I have.
My trust should be so great that I can't even see worry.
They can't exist!
Not my will, but God's.
I have a plan for my future and then God has a plan for my future,
they may be the same, they may be different.
But, I can tell you this.
That God's plan,
is
greater than any plan I could ever dream about
for my life.
My trust is greater than my worry.
Because with trust, worry doesn't exist.
My God will never drop me from His hand.
He will never do me wrong.
I don't know how many other people feel this same thing or go through this trouble.
Of learning to trust, but also worrying.
Of learning to trust, but also worrying.
It is okay to have dreams and hopes and to care about things.
But worry is not from God.
Doubt is not from God.
He doesn't want that for you.
God is not a god of worry, but of comfort, joy, safety, and peace.
It's a hard thing trusting completely and letting go of all worry.
But, I would rather have peace than worry.
Here are some verses on Trust --
"Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God." -- Psalm 20:7
"Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him..." -- Psalm 37:3-7
"Blessed is the man who makes the Lord His trust..." -- Psalm 40:4
"When I am afraid, I will trust in You. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?" -- Psalm 56:3-4
"Better is one day in Your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless." -- Psalm 84:10-11
"May Your unfailing love come to me, O Lord, Your salvation according to Your promise; then I will answer the one who taunts me, for I trust in Your word." -- Psalm 119:41-42
"Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever"
-- Psalm 125:1
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil."
-- Proverbs 3:5-7
"The Sovereign Lord will wipe away the tears from all faces; He will remove the disgrace of His people from all the earth. The Lord has spoken. In that day they will say, 'Surely this is our God; we trusted in Him, and He saved us. This is the Lord, we trusted in Him; let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation.'" -- Isaiah 25:8-9
"This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: 'In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it'...Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blesses are all who wait for him!"
-- Isaiah 30:15,18
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me." -- John 14:1
"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." -- 2 Peter 5:7
God is not a god of worry, but of comfort, joy, safety, and peace.
It's a hard thing trusting completely and letting go of all worry.
But, I would rather have peace than worry.
Here are some verses on Trust --
"Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God." -- Psalm 20:7
"Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him..." -- Psalm 37:3-7
"Blessed is the man who makes the Lord His trust..." -- Psalm 40:4
"When I am afraid, I will trust in You. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?" -- Psalm 56:3-4
"Better is one day in Your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless." -- Psalm 84:10-11
"May Your unfailing love come to me, O Lord, Your salvation according to Your promise; then I will answer the one who taunts me, for I trust in Your word." -- Psalm 119:41-42
"Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever"
-- Psalm 125:1
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil."
-- Proverbs 3:5-7
"The Sovereign Lord will wipe away the tears from all faces; He will remove the disgrace of His people from all the earth. The Lord has spoken. In that day they will say, 'Surely this is our God; we trusted in Him, and He saved us. This is the Lord, we trusted in Him; let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation.'" -- Isaiah 25:8-9
"This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: 'In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it'...Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blesses are all who wait for him!"
-- Isaiah 30:15,18
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me." -- John 14:1
"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." -- 2 Peter 5:7

Thanks....I think I needed that a lot at this point in my life...and thanks for the verses too :)
ReplyDeleteI find it very comforting when you or others write comments like this on my blog. Because it just shows me more that we aren't alone. That other brothers and sisters are going through these things as well, together. So, you are very welcome. Praying for you friend! :-)
ReplyDelete