Friday, January 8, 2010

Texas Love

I'm a Bama fan through and through, I scream Roll Tide, bleed crimson and white, and scream my heart out for the guys on the field. But, I have no disrespect towards Texas and their fans. They are some of the best in the land. And I hated to see what happened to Colt McCoy last night. He is an amazing, talented, and respected guy, player, and leader. I honestly have nothing bad to say about McCoy. I don't think that he was unfairly targeted by Alabama players, because honestly, I don't think they would do that. If they did, well they are in the wrong. But, I would have much rather had McCoy in the game, it would have been an incredible game, more than it was. Gilbert stepped up and also did an amazing job at the QB position. I know he wasn't ready to go in for an entire game, especially during the BCS Championship game, but man, he did a heck of a job and deserves major props! The entire Texas football program is a great one, and my favorite in the Big 12. So, to Colt McCoy, you are an incredible athlete and leader. I hate that you were injured and wish you could have been in the game the entire time. I hope your injury and any pain in your arm goes away and I will be praying for you. I know that right now, there is nothing worse you could be going through. To Garrett Gilbert, you did an amazing job last night! We were all wondering what to expect when you stepped foot onto that field and honestly, you exceeded my expectations. You are going to be a great Texas quarterback. I know the circumstances weren't the greatest that sent you out, but you really stepped up and showed talent, agility, and leadership. Can't wait to see you later on! So congrats to the Texas football program, you guys played a great game and I'm glad that we got to play you guys for the Championship.

Roll Tide and Hook Em' Horns!

No comments:

Post a Comment