Hey Everyone, Happy Labor Day!!
Well, it has been a few weeks since moving out to California. Today actually marks three weeks that I have lived in Tahoe City, CA.
I figured that it was time for an update and to tell you guys some things that you could be in prayer for.
The past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind trying to get settled into a new place and into a new ministry. The first week we had the kids was a transition time from summer into the school year. So, we did a week of summer activities which included hiking to Eagle Rock and going to the beach at the Lake throughout the week. The way that summer worked
was essentially like a VBS. We had rec time, bible time, sang songs, and more. Now that school has started, we get kids early in the morning and then put them on the school buses. Then, we don't get kids again until around 12:45 and 2:45. We use that time to clean, make lesson plans, etc. Their after school day allows them to do homework, have a bible story, play outside.
Meanwhile, there is the preschool! They have a full-day program for 3-5 year olds with circle time, centers, bible story, outside play, etc. So, wondering what more I do? I work in the preschool until 12:45 when I go downstairs and work with the older kids until closing. I help any of the teachers who need help keeping their ratio of teachers to students met. I have really enjoyed it, because it has allowed me to get to know most of the kids that come to the program. We also have Parent's Night Out (PNO) and My Morning Out (MMO) starting soon. I will tell more on those when they get here! :-)
Now for some prayer requests!
-- That me and the rest of the girls will continue to experience unity together as co-workers, missionaries, friends, and sisters in Christ. And that we will have the strength and endurance needed during the week.
-- That the children and parents involved in our ministry will continue to build relationships with us and see Christ as we love on their families.
-- FBC
Tahoe City and it's members. The current pastor, Pastor Dan, or "PD" as we call him, will be retiring this fall. They already have a new pastor who they are very excited for, although they will greatly miss PD who has been here for a very long time! Pastor Scott and his wife Jennifer are coming in September and PD leaves in October. Pray for the church as they go through this hard transition and as they learn to love and trust Pastor Scott.
-- Pray for Tahoe and CA!! This is a big resort area, most of the people here do not live here full-time, but only vacation here. Pray that we will be able to show them the love of Christ while they are here. Pray also for CA. Around 80% of people in CA do not go to church anywhere.
-- Pray for Nell, Debbie, and Leana as they continue to run A+ and the Preschool. They are strong ladies, who have made an impact in this community and these families!
That's it for now!
I hope tomorrow to do a post full of pictures, so be on the lookout!
I hope tomorrow to do a post full of pictures, so be on the lookout!
:-)
"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." -- Mark 11:24

No comments:
Post a Comment