This week starting Monday, we begin VBS! We are going to do the "High Seas Expedition". We have many props from other local churches who have donated them to us. We are going to start decorating for that soon, probably this weekend.
On Tuesday, they are having a local run-off election and the church that I'm staying at and working at (Whistler UMC) is a voting center. Meaning we can't have kids anywhere near that building. So, we are going on a field trip to Camp Baldwin! I am super excited for this trip and I hope we have a lot of kids come with us. It is going to be basically all day and the kids get to go swimming, play outside, and the best part I think, go sailing on a sailboat! And we get to be with them the entire time! :-) I can't wait, I really hope many of the kids come.
Also, there is another awesome opportunity for the kids. Each summer the kids that are old enough get a chance to go to Camp Blue Lake for a week. It's a camp filled with basically what we are doing, just bigger and better. They get to be outside, do crafts, Bible Study, and just have fun. It is an amazing chance and I hope that the kids we have, who are able to go, will turn in their slips and get to go. Not only that, but one guy and one girl worker from my site, gets to go with the kids and spend the week with them. The girl that is going, is me. I really want this chance for the kids, so I hope that we will all be able to go and I would love to be there with them. There has been talk that funding for the children and sending them to camp is very low. Almost to the point where we don't know if anyone will be able to go. I don't think it will stay like that for long. God will provide for these kids if He truly wants them to go. Which I believe, He does. So, please be in prayer about that.
Now, for some pictures! :-)
The kids playing.
Listening to a Bible Story.
Acting out some of the story of Gideon.
Me and Levonta.
:-)
Demetrius!
:-)
Jacolby and Deja.
:-)
One of my co-workers, Erin with some of the kids.
Devan, Deja, Shakarria, and Oneka





No comments:
Post a Comment