This week has been a trying one, and one of the hardest I think of my college career so far. I have had 4 tests and a project due, all this week. Thankfully, I only have one more of the four left, Chemistry. It will be nonstop amino acids and enzymes until tomorrow night at 6:30. So, if you remember around that time tomorrow, please say a little prayer, or say a short one right now. They are much appreciated and I thank you SO much for them!
I have learned some important life lessons these past two or three days too. I'll save what I have learned about my God for last, because it is great stuff! First, you learn a lot about someone by living with them. I live in a dorm, so I have a roommate, well three of them in fact. However, only one of them actually lives in my room with me. I know her from church, but have really gotten to know her this past semester, and I have learned a lot from her, and she from me (she says). This may not seem a lot to readers, but to me, I know a lot more of the situation. But believe me, you learn a lot by living with someone. Staying up until 3 AM leaves you with little sleep, but I will not forget some of those conversations.
Second, when you have a close group of friends that number around 12-15, you are a family. And families have problems. Oh have we learned this during the past month! It really tried all of us, because everyone felt like they were involved. But among all of the problems, we all turned to the One person that could help us, our true Father of the family, God. We all dug ourselves into the Bible looking for answers and ways to fix things. We all prayed more than we ever had, because we wanted our family to be okay again. Thankfully, the situation(s) were resolved and we are good, and closer to our Father who put our family together.
Third and last, the biggest thing I have learned this past week is that my God is big! Not just big, but HUGE, GIGANTIC, ENORMOUS! And at the same time he is LOVING, SUPPORTIVE, and HELPFUL. He is a HEALER, a FRIEND, a FATHER. God is so big. I sometimes do not know how to put it into other words. I have always known that my God is big, but it seems that every time I hear that again, I am more amazed and broken by it. He knows everything that has and will happened in my life. Before I was even born, He knew everything that was going to happen in my life, good and bad. He knew the troubles my mom and real dad would have, he knew that one day my mom would meet a wonderful man, and he would be the best earthly father I would ever know, he knew that I would flip off my bike, learn to swim, move to Alabama, go to Arizona, go to college, change my major. He knew that I would have 4 tests this week. He knows if I will actually get into Nursing School, graduate, get married, travel the world, have kids, go to Africa, move to another state. He knows ALL of this! The more that I think about how BIG my God is, and think about all that He knows. The more I want to shout praises to His name and fall on my knees at the same time! Even better, I have learned that if God did not believe I could get through all those things, and the ones to come, He would not have put them in my life. He only gives me what I can handle, and when it feels like I cannot handle something, He knows that I will learn a lesson (sometimes over and over again), and give everything to Him again. Turning things over to God is a daily thing. I cannot get out of bed every morning without knowing that God is in control of everything that happens that day. Whether it may be good or bad, rain or shine, hot or cold, God will always be in control. That is what gets me through the weeks that have been like this one.
Please, this may have been rambling, but just know that my God is BIG, and if you feel like you are missing something, He can be big for you. He WANTS to be BIG for you, He LOVES you. He already knows everything about your life, why not talk to Him more about it? He LOVES you!
My Father is BIG, and I am His daughter, whom He LOVES.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

We do have the best earthly father ever!!!!! When did you change your major? What was it before?
ReplyDeleteYes, we do! I changed it at the beginning of this semester. It was English. Quite a swap right?
ReplyDelete