Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Meet the Groups, Counselors, and Campers from Camp NOLA Kidz

This summer we had three different groups for campers: Sun, Ocean, Ice.

Here are group pictures of the kids with their counselor! 
(These pictures were taken during the last week of Camp. 
So groups may have had more kids throughout the summer, but those here are the "regulars".) 



The Ocean Group with Counselors, Ms. Suzanne and Ms. Seymea



The Ice Group with counselors, Ms. Mary and Ms. Kaity



The Sun Group with counselors, Me and Ms. Shearita


This is Revius, aka RJ.
When you ask him where he is from he will say New Orleans, California. 
This summer he was visiting his grandmother in New Orleans, from California. 
He definitely became my buddy this summer and I miss him greatly! 
I would always ask him if I could come visit him in California and he said I could, but I would have to fly on an airplane. When I said I was okay with that, he would ask me if I like peanuts. 
:-) 


This is Mekhi. 
He was also my buddy this summer. Me and him bonded quick! 
Every morning, he would come up to me and just stand in front of me.
I would wrap my arms around him or start rubbing his head. haha
He absolutely loved Lego's and trains! When he played with Lego's, he would make trains! 
Right next to the seminary, literally, there were train tracks and every time a train would go by he would run to the door or the window and watch it as passed. If we were outside, he would stop whatever he was doing and go stand by the fence to watch it pass. After nap time, he would come up to me and bury his head in my stomach.
                                                                                :-)


This is JC. 
He was definitely one of our more challenging kids. 
His big brother was at the Big Kid's Camp and his mom works at the preschool. 
They have quite a story from when JC was really little, so we felt like that had a little to do with the way he acted. 
JC is very smart though, he knew the Bible Stories and asked really good questions, but getting him to sit still sometimes and pay attention could be challenging. 


This is Jordyn. 
She was definitely one of our divas.
                              She was easily able to get people on her side and do what she wanted.
She liked to be heard and would repeat herself a lot. 



This is sweet Jayla. 
Oh how much I learned from Jayla this summer. 
Jayla is blind. She was born prematurely and her eyesight never developed. 
But, don't let her fool you, she could hold her own. 
She is so funny, loves to dance, smile and laugh. 


This is Addison. Definitely a lion personality.
When she wants to be friends with you, she wants to be friends.
She also likes to get people to do what she wants. 
Very loud and will tell you everything that is going on.
                            And when something goes the opposite way she wanted, you will know.


This is Tye. 
He came more toward the middle point of camp and 
then was supposed to be there the rest of the summer, 
but he never came back. I was very sad to never get to hang out with him again.
He was another of my buddies. 
He loved playing outside, in Lego's, and knew how to do Michael Jackson dances! 
He could even moonwalk! 



This is Kenneth. 
He was another of our handfuls.
He had a lot of energy and could get other kids to follow his lead.
 We had to get on to him a lot and he ended up in time-out more than a few times. 
He had trouble listening. 
He was very smart though.
One time, he sat down in my lap and told me that he didn't like being in time-out. 
I told him that he was very smart and that he knew the right things to do, but I asked him why he continued to not listen.
He said he didn't know, but that he wanted to. 
We definitely saw a great improvement in Kenneth as the summer went on. 



This is Dandre. 
He was also another challenging kid. 
He like to bug other kids and wouldn't stop when they asked him to.
He also liked to mock other kids or play the repeat game. 
He loved to laugh 
and
definitely thought that his cute looks could get him out of anything. 


This is Brooke. 
When she gets older, I firmly believe that she will win "Best All Around" in her yearbook. 
Every morning when she came to camp, the kids would run to the door and maul her with hugs! 
She was friends to everyone. 
She is also very smart! 
She was the first in the group to memorize Scripture verses and she knew all the stories that we had talked about throughout the summer. 
She was excited about everything that we did. 
Definitely a bright light! 


Those are some of the kids! 
Hope you enjoyed getting to know some of them! 

:-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment