If you don't know anything about this awesome event, let me inform you:
- 1. It is awesome!
- 2. It raises awareness for kids who don't have shoes which leads to
- 3.Was started and supported by TOMS Shoes.
Now, if you don't know what TOMS Shoes are, you should. I personally do not have any...yet! But, I hope that one day soon I will be lucky enough to have a pair. TOMS come in many different colors and patterns for men, women, and children. Every time you buy a pair of TOMS, another pair gets donated to a child who has no shoes at all!
Now, back to the event One Day Without Shoes. I was happy to participate in this event last year and I'm so excited to do it again this year! However, I can't outdo my roomie who has been barefoot all week so far.
Annually there is a day that you can participate in and go barefoot. Now, some of you work and aren't allowed to go barefoot. But, if you want to try it anyways, there is a letter you can print out and show your boss or employer and maybe they will be so kind to let you go barefoot. The point of all of this is to raise awareness for children who do not have any shoes at all. Want some facts? Okay here they are:
Annually there is a day that you can participate in and go barefoot. Now, some of you work and aren't allowed to go barefoot. But, if you want to try it anyways, there is a letter you can print out and show your boss or employer and maybe they will be so kind to let you go barefoot. The point of all of this is to raise awareness for children who do not have any shoes at all. Want some facts? Okay here they are:
- Fact #1:In some developing nations, children must walk for miles to food, clean water and to seek medical help.
- Fact #2:Cuts and sores on feet can lead to serious infection.
- Fact #3:Often, children cannot attend school barefoot
- Fact #4:In Ethiopia, approximately one million people are suffering from Podoconiosis, a debilitating and disfiguring disease caused by walking barefoot in volcanic soil.
- Fact #5: Podoconiosis is 100% preventable by wearing shoes.
For more information about TOMS shoes or to buy a pair, click here.
To learn more about ONE DAY WITHOUT SHOES and download fliers, stickers or a letter to your boss, click here!
To learn more about ONE DAY WITHOUT SHOES and download fliers, stickers or a letter to your boss, click here!
So, if you want to join the movement and raise awareness for the children who have no shoes, go barefoot tomorrow. Wherever you are and whatever you do, go barefoot. If you can't at work, be barefoot everywhere else. Walk around the block barefoot. Hang out with friends barefoot. Do something to raise awareness for these children and for the organization of TOMS shoes. If you want to donate to the cause, go buy a pair or more of TOMS and give a pair or more to a child/children that need them. Let's get together and raise our voice for the children who can't.
Two of my friends and I. One Day Without Shoes 2009
Are you in?
I am!!
I am!!



No comments:
Post a Comment