It's hard to think that Christmas is almost here again (10 days to be exact). That also means there are twelve days until my 21st birthday. I'm sure there will be a post about that later though. I love Christmas, it is one of my favorite holidays, if not
the favorite of mine. I love that we get basically a month off of school, I love the decorations, food, and time spent with family. This time of year can be so busy though, that people get caught up in so many things, they forget what Christmas is really about, or Who it is really about. The most important thing that we remember around Christmas time is the birth of our Lord. I can't fathom why God would send His Son to earth to die for me. Every day it blows my mind away. Why would He leave
everything that is perfect and holy in Heaven, to come and be a man in a world full of hatred and sin? Could I do that? I'd like to think that I could, but I know that in no way am I as strong as our Lord. He is perfect, holy, righteous, powerful, but at the same time loving, tangible, caring...forgiving! Forgiving of all that we do wrong every day, every hour, every minute. No, being that forgiving requires such patience that I do not possess. He was born of a virgin, sent here by His Father, to die on a cross and save us from our sins. So that if we believe, we may have eternal life, and not perish.(
John 3:16) If we believe, one day we will walk beside Him in a perfect and holy land. It is important for us to remember around Christmas, the love that God showed us by sending His Son to live here on earth. That He was born, and it was the start of something beautiful. The beauty didn't start there, it started when God created the world. This is just a part of the story, a part of God's perfect plan. And your life, your story, is also part of God's perfect plan, you just have to let Him use you. Will you?
Our Christmas Tree
Decorations
More Decorations
Snowflakes and Silver Bells
:-)
Is that at dad's house?
ReplyDeleteYes, this is at our house.
ReplyDelete